Thread: Minecraft
View Single Post
Old June 18 2012, 09:39 PM   #1970
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Re: Minecraft

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
I would point out that when it comes to chickens, you may need fences 2 high rather than 1 high, because chickens can jump over 1 high (I think.)
I don't know if that's true. I was looking it up and people are saying they can jump higher when attacked, but I think normally the fence should keep them in. I have had them for a long time without any problems, and the ones at my village farm have never escaped the one-high fence except through open gates.

Chickens are better at finding an escape route than other animals, however.

The first time I noticed all my chickens were gone from my house yard, both of my gates had been left open. I don't know how long it was like that because I normally have the sound off and I don't always go in my house through the gates so they could have been gone for quite some time. The second time I noticed there weren't that many, I checked the perimeter and a dirt block was missing from under the fence. I'm assuming an endermen had been there and taken it, and I repaired it.

I haven't had any issues since then and there are a lot of chickens in the yard now.

Also I don't want people to stress out if a chicken gets out or gets into the house. It's not that big a deal, and honestly I often find a chicken or some eggs in my house. I kind of like it. I just felt really bad when they were all gone.
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote