View Single Post
Old June 18 2012, 09:08 PM   #401
MvComedy
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Typhon Pact: Plagues of Night by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Voted "Above Average." I enjoyed the story, but there was too much recapping for me. Props to DRGIII for doing the recapping in an interesting way, letting us see the events from ZSG, RBoE, and PoD from completely different points of view than from the characters featured in those books. I'm not sure if all the recapping was an editorial decision, but I just felt the first half of the story was too bogged down by it. Of all the plotlines, I think I enjoyed the one following Trok the most. I'm glad we got to see more of the Breen after ZSG. Also enjoyed seeing the Dominion again.

One thing I couldn't help but notice was that the few details regarding the five-year period that was jumped over did little to nothing to elaborate on what we already knew from RBoE. The catastrophy on Endalla, Rebecca's kidnapping, Taran'atar, the Ascendant War, all were mentioned but no light was shed on them. It really seems like they are planning to tell those stories in the future, otherwise why be so coy. Incidentally, does anyone else think that maybe the Ohalavaru who kidnapped Rebecca may have been Yevir Linjaren?

MvComedy is offline   Reply With Quote