View Single Post
Old June 18 2012, 03:33 PM   #147
Redfern
Commodore

Re: Heads up! MYTHBUSTERS season premiere tonight at 9 Eastern!

I was just talking with my cubile neighbor who owns a rather extensive gun collection and I asked him about the "True Lies" situation. I noticed as presented, it appeared they ran a mere two tests, dropping the gun down the stairs. They may have done more, but as edited for the final broadcast, it looks like they did it only twice. Two drops and "Busted!" Sorry, that's just not enough to make the call. They should have done that at least ten times, maybe more.

Anyway, back to my co-worker. The has a "Mac-10" I believe he called it and he claims they are quite prone to a condition called "slam firing" and it has even happened to him. He popped the magazine into his gun one time and the accursed thing emptied all the rounds, bullets whizzing mere inches from his ear! Now, I've known this co-worker for 20 years and I have no reason to doubt his honesty. He's quite serious about his weapons. If he says a certain weapon is prone to certain conditions (such as "slam firing"), I believe him. On the other hand, you guys don't know me from Adam, so I won't blame you if you think I am making up a fish tale.

Sincerely,

Bill

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote