View Single Post
Old June 17 2012, 11:29 PM   #1395
Dream
Admiral

Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Kelthaz wrote: View Post
I'll third that. I would have loved a Spider-Man 4; it's the reboot that I have no interest in. Although, strangely enough, despite having no interest in this new dude as Spider-Man, I would love to see this new dude star in the Avengers 2 as Spider-Man as unlikely as that is.
No, I never want Spider-Man or Wolverine to EVER be in an Avengers movie. Those two are just too big and would just take attention away from the rest of the characters.

They can stay in their own solo movies. Wolverine can continue to suck in his or ruin more X-men movies by taking all the screentime away from his teammates.

Spider-Man 3 wasn't a perfect film, but it was hardly the franchise killer that fans make it out to be. It also had a lot of problems during development, so there's no reason to believe that a 4th Sam Raimi film wouldn't have been a substantial improvement. It's not like Sam Raimi pulled a George Lucas; he was forced to make a film he didn't want to make.
Avi Arad might have forced Raimi to use Venom, but I really doubt he had anything to do with the stupid dance scenes or making Sandman into Uncle Ben's killer. Those things were all Raimi.

I don't blame Raimi for what happened. He obviously had the studio breathing down his neck during production. SONY really could have treated the guy that brought them two hit movies better instead dumping him like yesterday's trash though.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote