Old June 17 2012, 11:18 AM   #4
lvsxy808
Rear Admiral

Re: DS9 Season 10, ep 10x22 - "Ascension" (part 3 of 3). SEASON FINALE

ACT TWO

FADE IN:

40 EXT. SPACE

The battle rages in space...

The Even Odds is still darting around, dodging desperately to stay out of the way.

41 INT. EVEN ODDS - BRIDGE

Prynn grits her teeth, all her concentration on her helm...

Behind her, Dez holds on tight to his chair. The screen shows what seems like hundreds of JemíHadar and Ascendant ships, the image ducking and swerving as we fly through.

DEZ
(whine)
How many of them are there?

FACITY
Fewer than there were.

42 EXT. SPACE

The Even Odds twists again, avoiding an Ascendant ship...

...that is currently pummelling the giant JemíHadar battle cruiser. Itís one of a dozen that are ganging up on the larger vessel. Their electric bolt weapons come at the giant ship from every side...

43 INT. JEMíHADAR SHIP #2

Weyoun and Meera. The Vorta cowers in a corner of the bridge, trying his best to keep the little changeling behind him while protecting himself at the same time.

The bridge is packed with JemíHadar soldiers and Ascendant knights battling hand-to-hand, phaser rifles and karítakin knives against flaming spears and hand-thrown fireballs.

WEYOUN
Founder, please, stay back.

MEERA
These demons have taken enough
from the Dominion already.

Meera slips past Weyoun, striding forwards into the fight, and heads for Ascendant #1. Weyoun chases after her...

WEYOUN
Founder!

ASCENDANT #4 STABS Weyoun from behind, the burning tip of the spear piercing through his chest. Looking down at it in simple surprise, Weyoun crumples to the floor, dead.

Seeing this, Meera screams in renewed fury. She rushes for Weyounís killer, her hands MORPHing out into coiling ropes of changeling fluid as she comes...

44 INT. JEMíHADAR SHIP #3

Dominion Vessel 288, featuring VANNIS and REKANíGANAR. The JemíHadar First fights ASCENDANTS #5 and #6, swirling and slashing and spinning as they attack him from both sides.

VANNIS
Second! Concentrate on your
targets. I want them gone!

JEMíHADAR #2 does so. We feel the shipís weapons FIRE, and hear the boom of a successful kill. Meanwhile, Rekaníganar kills Ascendant #5 with a hard STAB through the chest.

Then he twirls back to Ascendant #6... whose hand is made of flames. She THRUSTS the hand right into Rekaníganarís face, burning the JemíHadar First to death on the spot. He SCREAMS and sizzles, and crumples to the ground.

Vannis staggers back with a GASP. Ascendant #6 turns to her, lifts her hand. Sheís carrying one of the energy balls we saw Blas use. She grins evilly, readies to throw...

45 EXT. SPACE

The JemíHadar ship EXPLODES.

The battle continues to rage...

46 INT. JEMíHADAR SHIP #1

Kira and Taraníatar. Ascendant #3 battles JEMíHADAR #3, the knightís flaming spear CLANGing against his knife. The rest of the crew are still running the ship.

Taraníatar turns to Kira with a stony look...

TARANíATAR
Dominion Vessel Two-Eight-Eight
is destroyed, Captain.

KIRA
Vannis...

JemíHadar #3 succeeds in SLASHing Ascendant #3ís throat. In another burst of flames, the knight vaporises.

47 EXT. SPACE

The giant JemíHadar battleship, under siege from a dozen of the tiny Ascendant ships, all firing their electric bolts.

The planet-side edge of the battle zone. The JemíHadar are holding the line, no Ascendants are getting through.

After a moment, the Even Odds ZOOMS through a tiny gap in the battle, into free space.

48 INT. EVEN ODDS - BRIDGE

Prynn is still concentrating hard at the helm. Jake and Rena have returned to the bridge. Glessin and Brad run other stations. Facity checks her panels, elated...

FACITY
Weíre clear! Weíre through the lines!

JAKE
Yes! Congratulations, Prynn!

RENA
And not a single casualty.

And then an EXPLOSION brighter than any so far appears on the viewscreen...

49 EXT. SPACE

The giant JemíHadar battleship has finally lost the battle. It CRUMBLES like the Gryphon, the body disintegrating while the powerful warp core BLOOMS with fire, consuming the ship from the inside out. One by one, the Ascendant attackers JUMP away, avoiding the tumbling debris.

50 INT. JEMíHADAR SHIP #1

Kira yelps and flicks her headsetís eye-screen up, turning off the feed. The bright light had overloaded her eyes. She hisses and seethes at the massive death toll.

51 INT. EVEN ODDS - BRIDGE

The crew all look at the viewscreen, watching the massive explosion and fire as the JemíHadar battleship burns.

GLESSIN
(haunted)
There must be thousands of
JemíHadar on a ship that size...

BRAD
Meera was on there too...

They all gaze sadly at the view on the screen...

52 INT. DEFIANT Ė MAIN BRIDGE

Defiantís crew likewise watches the continuing explosion from inside their hidden cloaked ship. Vaughn hardens, staring at the screen...

VAUGHN
Are we still receiving the trans-
ponder from the Even Odds?

Bowers works his panels, checking...

VAUGHN
Come on!

BOWERS
Yes, sir. The Even Odds is
safely through the lines.

VAUGHN
Good. Get our people on board
as soon as possible.

And he gets up from the command chair and stalks off the bridge, no more said. Dax calls after him, surprised...

DAX
Commander...?

But no response. He leaves.

CUT TO:

53 INT. DS9 Ė WARD ROOM

Batanides leans across the Ward Room table, alarmed...

BATANIDES
Iím sorry, are you saying that
Commander Vaughn abandoned the
bridge during a combat situation?

Dax struggles to respond. She doesnít want to lie, but she doesnít want to get Vaughn in trouble either. Across the table from her, the three admirals look distinctly unhappy.

DAX
Well, the Defiant wasnít really
in a combat situation at the time.
The JemíHadar were handling that.
And Captain Sisko had already
assigned responsibility for our
part of the plan to me.

The admirals glower as they reluctantly accept that.

AKAAR
Where was Captain Sisko at this
point? Why wasnít he also on
the bridge?

DAX
From what Iíve heard, he was in
his quarters. Making some final
preparations.

54 INT. DEFIANT Ė CABIN

SISKO is sat at the tiny desk in his tiny cabin, in front of the tiny computer screen. He stares at it, just as down-cast and heartbroken as before. The door chime BEEPS...

SISKO
Come in.

The door opens. Vaughn is there. Sisko looks at him, and looks away again. He doesnít have time or energy for this.

SISKO
This really isnít a good time,
Commander.

VAUGHN
Iím sorry to interrupt, Captain.
But this is actually the perfect
time. Thereís something I need
to tell you.
(beat)
Iím not here to fight, if thatís
what youíre worried about.

Sisko looks to Vaughn again, and sees that thatís true. He relents. Vaughn comes in, and the door closes behind him.

SISKO
Whatís on your mind, Commander?

VAUGHN
Well, thatís the question, isnít
it? You see Iíve been thinking a
lot the last few days. Wondering
whether the decisions Iíve made
in my career... in my life...
were the right ones. And even
if they were... what they might
have cost me as a person.

SISKO
Thatís why you asked me how I
knew what to do.

VAUGHN
Yes.

SISKO
And did you find the answer?

VAUGHN
I found an answer.
(deep breath)
Iíve been so angry at you, for
what feels like so long. I felt
like you betrayed me. Used me.
I cloaked it all in terms of
Prophets and accountability...
but it was personal.

SISKO
For me too, Elias. I didnít
enjoy having to lie to you.
But it was necessary.

VAUGHN
I know. Thatís what I understand
now Ė that it was necessary.

SISKO
What changed?

VAUGHN
A recent mission I undertook.
With the help of some others
on DS-Nine. It was my mission,
but I dragged them into it...
exactly the way you dragged
me into yours. You played on
my sense of feeling old and
obsolete, needing to be useful
again. I played the same trick
on Doctor Bashir. I knew he
wanted excitement and thrills.
So thatís what I promised him.

Itís as if this is the first time Vaughn has been able to admit this to himself. Sisko sees that, so he stays quiet and lets Vaughn get it all out.

VAUGHN
And Ro... she needs somebody to
blame for her problems. I gave
her Section 31. The fact that
itís actually true was neither
here nor there. And in the
process I nearly got both of
them killed.
(beat)
So I guess what Iím saying is...
I understand why you did it.
And it turns out weíre not so
different after all.

SISKO
Thatís not necessarily a good
thing, Elias.

Vaughn sadly chuckles, and nods. He agrees with that.

55 EXT. SPACE

Outside, the battle is still going on. Ascendants and JemíHadar fight it out, destroying each other equally.

56 INT. JEMíHADAR SHIP #1

The JemíHadar soldiers run the ship, tracking targets and FIRING weapons. No more Ascendants, but plenty of burned and damaged consoles. Taraníatar barks orders...

TARANíATAR
Target at bearing three-six mark
two-eight-three. Fire!

We feel the ship FIRE, then we SHAKE as the enemy returns fire. Kira holds on to the railing against the shaking...

KIRA
Whatís taking Sisko so long?

TARANíATAR
Unknown, Captain. However I can
report that the JemíHadar are
holding the line. The Founderís
death will not go unavenged.

Kira looks at him sadly. Another dead Founder.

57 EXT. SPACE

The continuing death of the giant JemíHadar battleship.

And then out of flames a small shape emerges Ė a golden MISSILE, launching out of the conflagration and straight at the nearest Ascendant ship. It flies straight at it...

And SMASHES right through the shipís transparent canopy.

58 INT. ASCENDANT VESSEL #2

Inside, ASCENDANT #7 is caught by surprise as the golden missile instantly MORPHS into furious tendrils of change-ling matter that TEAR into the controls in a rage.

The changeling momentarily MORPHS again into a shape close enough to humanoid for us to recognise it as Meera, and then comes for Ascendant #7. The shocked and scared knight struggles as the changeling fluid flows over his body...

...and CRUSHES.

59 EXT. SPACE

The ship falls apart, decompressing from the hole in its canopy. Ascendant #7 floats out into open space. Meera unwinds from the body and heads off for her next victim.

The next Ascendant ship along JUMPS...

...and reappears in open space, away from the battle. Itís now pointing right towards the Idran systemís sun.

60 INT. ASCENDANT VESSEL #3

The pilot of this vessel is BLAS, and he is incensed by the loss of the other knight at the hands of a changeling.

In a fury, he dives his hand into the consoleís YELLOW patch, clenches his fist... and PULLS.

61 EXT. ASCENDANT VESSEL

The missile launcher we saw in 10x14 ďAgainst the OddsĒ extrudes itself from the shipís smooth silver exterior, pointing towards the sun...

62 INT. JEMíHADAR SHIP #1

Kira yells urgently...

KIRA
Destroy that ship! Now!

63 EXT. SPACE

Three JemíHadar fighters converge on Blasís ship, all of them FIRING at once...

...and DESTROY it just before it can launch its missile.

64 INT. ASCENDANT VESSEL #3

Blas screams as he in consumed in the flames.

65 INT. JEMíHADAR SHIP #1

Kira sags with relief...

KIRA
Thank the Prophets...

Then another burst of FLAMES on the JemíHadar ship bridge. The flames waft away to reveal...

Iliana and Raiq, standing side by side. Iliana smiles evilly at Kira. On Kiraís shock and alarm...

FADE OUT:

END OF ACT TWO

Read Deep Space Nine, Season 10
All 22 eps available to read on-screen or download and keep!
lvsxy808 is offline   Reply With Quote