View Single Post
Old June 16 2012, 05:49 PM   #156
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

Well I see your point about the panel weirdness. It would appear that it is out of sequence, which was unfortunate. That glitch aside, I enjoyed the issue. Hank's wife blaming Superman for his condition is not what I expected, but the seeds are indeed being sown for us to see Cyborg Superman later in the season. I'm curious to see how Miller approaches this without tying it into to Green Lantern at all.

I wonder if they're going to go with a "The Batman" approach with Bruce and the Justice League in this? We're slowly introduced to Bruce Wayne and Batman, he and Clark meet and maybe fight, reach an understanding after discovering a common enemy, then Bruce is gradually brought into the fold? I only state that after the Watchtower on the moon line by Ollie. You can see a lot of influences this season which is great.

Finally...the long awaited confrontation between Lex and Superman. I think this would have been written and shown a little tweaked on screen, but it was no less impactfull and Lex's manipulations are well done indeed. The call me Lex line was unusual. I don't remember seeing a version of Lex that would allow Superman to be so formal around him.

Just a little theory regarding the Tess visions, as well as being a form of his conscience, I'm wondering if they're not there to "block" his knowledge of Clark? We know the mind wiping sequence was done specifically to wipe out that particular memory on the show...but I'm wondering if that isn't why Tess is there. She serves a two fold purpose, to serve as his Jiminy Cricket, and to block those memories of Clark's secret. Once again Tess is protecting Clark

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote