View Single Post
Old June 16 2012, 05:10 PM   #708
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

176. Gojira: (✩✩✩✩) - Live TV - Also known as Godzilla. This is the original movie that started it all. It was in black and white and had subtitles. It was also surprisingly good. I expected a dumb cheesy action movie, but this thing actually had a story and a relevant message about the dangers of nuclear technology. I'm glad I finally saw it.

177. Rodan: (✩✩½) - Live TV - Another introductory film for another monster. This time, it's about the "rodan", a flying pterodactyl-like creature that terrorizes the skies, and there are two of them. It's not as substantial as Gojira, but it was good to see.

178. Mothra: (✩✩✩) - Live TV - Yet another introductory film. This time, it centered around Mothra. This movie is more fanciful than the others. It deals with two 12-inch tall women having been captured by an expedition party to an island, with their deity Mothra, a giant moth, having to come to civilization to rescue them. It was pretty weird, but again, I can say that I finally saw it.

If anyone is interested, there's more discussion on these movies in the TCM movie thread, starting here.

Theatre: 9
DVD/Blu-Ray: 62
Live TV: 74
Recorded TV: 5
On Demand: 24
Internet: 4
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote