View Single Post
Old June 16 2012, 05:03 PM   #158
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: TCM Genre movies schedule...

I saw Gojira, Rodan and Mothra last night.

- Gojira was surprisingly good. I expected some dumb cheesy action movie, but found it to be surprisingly well done. The effects weren't as campy as I was expecting and the story had substance and a good message about the dangers of nuclear technology. I thought it was well made for a 50s Godzilla movie and I'm glad that I finally saw it. I was surprised that Godzilla was destroyed in the end though. So, all those movies don't involve the same monster.

- Rodan wasn't as good, but again, I can't complain too much. It was another introductory film.

- Mothra was a little better than Rodan. It was a little odd with a more fanciful story, but it was interesting, especially when it all came together in the end.

Anyway, it was a good 5 hours. A little tedious in parts, but good. It might have been fun to get some bad dubs, but I'm alright with the original language cuts. Apparently they weren't always easy to find.

Looks like these monsters appear in a lot of movies. I thought there were half a dozen or so, but there are a lot more. I'm also guessing that the others try to capitalize on these originals and are more in line with the cheesy action that I was expecting. I see lots of titles like "Godzilla vs Whatever".
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote