View Single Post
Old June 15 2012, 03:06 PM   #4514
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
@Dennis...I had to finally drop Supergirl. I couldn't tolerate the prolonged story going no where (no pun intended), same with Superboy.
I dropped Superboy, but I don't know where else Supergirl's story would be going right now. Poor thing's still figuring out what the fuck is going on and what she's supposed to do about it, and I don't blame her. She's not someone who's planned how to use her powers for years, a wealthy dude who's dedicated his life to an obsession or a space cop. She's a kid who woke up one morning before Prom into a post-apocalyptic nightmare.

I actually think she reached the point of deciding to defend Earth from the Worldkillers a little too quickly and facilely. I'd rather see her as a moody and troublesome stranger for quite a while - that would nicely complicate Clark's life, too, given that the authorities are not real comfortable with his existence.

At least give her some gut emotional reason to care about Earth enough to save it. Like maybe she'd adopted a local stray cat for company.

Much as I'm enjoying Morrison's run on Action he's moved way too fast for my taste through a lot of potentially interesting stuff - within three issues or so he went from vigilante protector of the powerless, a real street-level guy, to full-fledged superhero in full costume. In the bargain he encountered Metallo and Brainiac and Kandor and moved on from his first job for a city tabloid to the old status quo of working for the Planet with his pals. I'm disappointed by that.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote