Thread: Power Rangers
View Single Post
Old June 14 2012, 05:52 AM   #617
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Re: Power Rangers

Just read about Megaforce today. Kind of a dumb name, but it's just a name.

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
Gokaiger won't be adapted. The claim was it is too hardcore for kids

http://blog.samuraicast.com/rangercr...ers-megaforce/

You may be wondering why Power Rangers Megaforce used Goseiger rather than Gokaiger, which was an ideal season based on the successful execution of the anniversary concepts. I wasn’t able to get a solid answer for this question. They believed that Gokaiger’s pirate theme was more focused for boys (rather than boys and girls) and the concepts of stealing and plundering were too hardcore for a young audience.
Well this sucks for people that wanted this season adapted
Some more interesting info from that article (bolding mine):

Here’s the interesting part: Power Rangers Megaforce will not be like the Sentai version. We’ve heard this before in the past and wonder how is it different now. Power Rangers Megaforce will have an original story that is centered on five high-school teenagers. The concept sounds familar to the first season (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers). The show will still use the traditional Sentai footage, but the story will be completely new and original. Megaforce will actually surprise fans. RoboKnight (placeholder name) will appear fairly early in the season. Power Rangers Megaforce Season 2 (2014) will be “crazy” (direct quote from them).
So that means no angel stuff.

And about season 2 beaing "crazy", I wonder if that means that's when the "Legend War" footage that Toei shot for Saban will be used (assuming they really aren't adapting Gokaiger at all).

ETA: High quality Megaforce poster image, with title logo.
"Human beings worship the great god Santa, a creature with fearsome claws, and his wife Mary. And every Christmas Eve, the people of UK go to war with the country of Turkey. They then eat the Turkey people for Christmas dinner like savages."

Last edited by Chris3123; June 14 2012 at 06:44 AM.
Chris3123 is online now   Reply With Quote