View Single Post
Old June 14 2012, 12:54 AM   #45
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: IDW to publish post-Nemesis TNG Borg story, possibly Destiny

BritishSeaPower wrote: View Post
Fer I'm thinking of Dark Empire I & II which were written as sequels to the Thrawn Trilogy and had some elements incorporated into the Jedi Academy trilogy. All in a relatively short amount of time.
Dark Empire was not written as a sequel to the Thrawn trilogy. Work began on it when Marvel still held the license in the late-80s. (It was going to be published through Marvel's Epic imprint.) Lucasfilm Licensing made Dark Empire fit after the Thrawn trilogy (because Zahn didn't want to have to incorporate it into his storyline), but it was always an independent project from Zahn's work. The Jedi Academy trilogy was then made consistent with Dark Empire because KJA said that a wrecked Coruscant really made no difference to his story. (I believe he was given the option of rejiggering the story to go before Dark Empire.)

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is online now   Reply With Quote