View Single Post
Old June 12 2012, 10:26 PM   #34
Christopher
Writer

Re: IDW to publish post-Nemesis TNG Borg story, possibly Destiny

BritishSeaPower wrote: View Post
While I'm sure there are logistical problems with the comics and novels lining up with pocket's one a month schedule, it can't be terribly hard when Star Wars has been doing it for some 20 years.
Well, there you have folks at Lucasfilm in overall charge of coordinating things. And Lucasfilm is an 800-pound gorilla that has a way of getting what it wants. And even so, new SW productions often contradict what was in the books and comics, so you kinda have to wonder whether it really matters so much to keep them consistent with each other.

I dunno, in theory you probably could make it work if there were an incentive to do so. But if you ask me, the fact that Star Wars does things one way is a good argument for why Star Trek should do things differently. No point in being repetitive. There's value in having multiple perspectives on a work of fiction, multiple alternatives that can stand on their own.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote