View Single Post
Old June 12 2012, 12:46 PM   #9
lvsxy808
Rear Admiral

Re: DS9 Season 10, ep 10x21 - "Into the Fire" (part 2 of 3)

Wally wrote: View Post
Vaughn and Opaka? .... perfect.

The hints have been there forever. It's rare that these relationships develop organically in ST. Usually it's some forced plot point that forces characters together, and then the attempt is to rationalize it after the fact. (Troi and Worf, Seven and Chakotay etc.) So this is just great.
They flirted some in Fragments and Omens, but never had time to build on that afterwards. So I gently threaded in a couple of moments through my season, knowing that I was coming to this moment. I think two older people growing together like that would take it slowly and respectfully, just because they don't have that youthful urgency. I like that Vaughn stands in the presence of a lady.

Wally wrote: View Post
Once again, it may be somewhat technobabble, but it believable using already established phenomenon rather than just making up some magical radiation or force or new use for a deflector dish like Star Trek likes to do far too often for my taste.
I loved that bit in Fearful Symmetry where all the alternate Siskos explain to our Sisko that all of the DS9 stories about the Mirror Universe were actually part of the Prophets' plan in a way we hadn't previously considered. I thought that was just a brilliant idea. So... what other episodes might have also been a part of the bigger whole? What might be understandable in a whole new way when looking from a larger perspective such as that of the Prophets?

Part 3 coming at the weekend.

Read Deep Space Nine, Season 10
All 22 eps available to read on-screen or download and keep!
lvsxy808 is offline   Reply With Quote