View Single Post
Old June 11 2012, 06:34 PM   #19
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar
Re: What Trek Ship suffered the most damage and beating?

ngc7293 wrote: View Post
I haven't voted in part because of several ships
The Enterprise C was utterly destroyed in battle. Since someone pointed out that the original Defiant was destroyed and no one said no to that, What about the C?
We don't really know that. All we know is that it was captured by the Romulans. How (or if) it was really destroyed, we don't know, since the only person we've heard talk about it is a half-Romulan who is already angry at Starfleet.

Then there is the first 1701-A in ST-III where the ship was taken over by Klingons and then blown up by kirk. Does that meet the criteria?
Nope. Since the first 1701-A did not appear until the next movie, The Voyage Home.

Last is the destruction of ENT-D. I forgot the movie. Everyone had enough time to get to the saucer to separate. Given the cercumstances the D had to go thru, I would think it would satisfy the criteria.
Yes, the Enterprise-D was destroyed by "a 20 year old Klingon ship" but what people keep forgetting (or not mentioning) is that those Klingons had the access codes to the Enterprise's shields and took them down, just as the Enterprise had done to the Relient back in Star Trek II. There's a reason they keep the shields up when they're in battle.

I know the Ent-C isn't a hero ship, just as the Ent-B isn't a hero ship even though the latter appeared in a movie helmed Captain Sulu.
No, it didn't. That was Captain Harriman. The Sulu who was piloting the Enterprise-B was Demora Sulu - Captain Sulu's daughter.

Did you get a single fact right?