View Single Post
Old June 11 2012, 01:55 AM   #693
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

166. Living with the Enemy: (✩✩✩) - Live TV - Chuck's Sarah Lancaster stars as a woman who marries a billionaire, then finds herself forced to help the authorities bring him down due to shady activities. Typical TV movie fare, but it was fun to watch and has a twist at the end.

167. Insidious: (✩✩✩) - DVD - A couple deals with a malevolent spirit who wants to take control of their son's body so it can live again. Stars Rose Byrne and the guy who played Nite Owl in Watchmen. Good movie on astral projection and the like. It wasn't the scariest movie I've ever seen but it gets the job done if you watch it at night before bed.

168. How Do You Know: (✩✩✩) - DVD - An ensaemble romantic comedy that asks the question... How do you know when you're in a relationship? How do you know if someone is into you? How do you know if you should take the fall for a loved one in trouble when they'd get into even more trouble if caught? Stars Paul Rudd, Owen Wilson, Jack Nicholson and Reese Witherspoon. The movie seemed directionless for a while, but those afore mentioned questions came into focus and made the movie into something.

169. She Drives Me Crazy: (✩✩½) - Live TV - A wonan's husband dies and she finds herself going on a road trip, Themla & Louise style, with her estranged sister. Typical TV movie fare. Stars Krista Bridges and Melinda Clarke. What's funny is I watched the whole thing thinking that Melinda Calrke was Krista Allen. haha

170. Flirting With Disaster: (✩✩✩) - Live TV - A 1996 comedy starring Ben Stiller, who plays a man looking for his birth parents. It had the usual Ben Stiller brand of comedy but it wasn't a memorable movie.

171. Earthquake: (✩✩✩) - Live TV - The lives of people in L.A. before, during and after a devastating earthquake. The all-star cast includes Charlton heston, Ava Gardner, Richard Roundtree, Lorne Greene, George Kennedy and Geneviève Bujold. A lot of buildup, a lot of denouement, campy in spots and I loved the cast.

172. 17 Again: (✩✩✩½) - DVD - Matthew Perry, who's life is falling apart, turns into Zac Efron and gets to relive his youth for a few weeks, where he gets to have an impact on his soon-to-be ex wife and his kids as a mature teen. I thought this one was actually pretty good, but one issue at the end isn't dealt with. If you see it or have seen it, you'll know what it is.

Theatre: 8
DVD/Blu-Ray: 61
Live TV: 71
Recorded TV: 5
On Demand: 24
Internet: 3
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote