View Single Post
Old June 10 2012, 11:15 PM   #54
Holdfast
Procul, O procul este profani!

Re: Most Anticlimactic Movie Deaths

Admiral M wrote: View Post
Holdfast wrote: View Post
Yeah, I'd second being a bit disappointed by the speed of Dooku's death.
It's a bit sketchy, given that they were trying to show that Anakin had greatly advanced as a Jedi, but at the same time they had Dooku quickly disable Obi Wan. This is something that doesn't quite add up when you consider that Obi Wan equaled Anakin throughout their climatic dual at the end of the movie - not to mention that Obi Wan eventually defeated him.
Yeah, I agree.

I mean, I know that the idea was that Anakin won so swiftly because he was channelling hte dark side heavily after seeing Obi-Wan crushed by Dooku's force-move on the platform, but still, it's kind of a shame to shortchange Dooku in this way.

Mind you, I still think GL should have strung out Dooku's reveal as a Sith Lord in AotC a bit longer. I'd have liked the ambiguity around his exact motives and involvement with Palpatine to have extended into the RotS.

They crammed a bit too much into RotS IMO. I totally understand the reasons for introducing Greivous as a cyborg character, but I'm not convinced his role had to be so large. Some of what he did could have been given to Dooku instead.
Could there have been some disagreement between Christopher Lee and George Lucas which lead to Dooku's part in the movie being re-written for Greivous?
Not that I'm aware of, though I don't follow the ins and outs of SW closely. I think it's more likely that GL simply thought that a new movie needed a new baddie and he liked Greivous especially as he sets up the concept of Vader. With a big role for GG, Dooku has to be killed off quickly. Plus, Lee's age meant that lots of fight scenes with him would have needed lots of CGI anyway and it's probably more expensive to make a digital human realistic than to do the same for a digital non-human character. Just guesses though...
Holdfast is offline   Reply With Quote