View Single Post
Old June 9 2012, 04:21 PM   #54
Relayer1
Commodore

Re: Star Trek Vanguard: In Tempest's wake by Dayton Ward

JD wrote: View Post
Relayer1 wrote: View Post
I've got an emotional attachment to dead tree format that won't go away just because I've got a Kindle. My LOTR, Trek etc. will remain on my shelves as physical books and I shall continue to purchase new titles as they come out.

That's not to say I don't love my Kindle - I do. I'm loading duplicates on to it for convenience (I may reach a point where I don't actually read my paper copies) and will be using it for stuff I read but don't 'collect'.

With regard to Trek novellas, I'll buy the download and again when collected in print.

For those of us with a lot of paper books we wish to 'digitise', you can't exactly copy them like you do CD's to an Ipod. I don't want to have to buy everything twice - has anyone come up with a proposal to get a digital copy WITH a paperback when you purchase ?
They've been doing this with comics now for the last year or so. Both DC and Marvel have been packing a special code for a digital versions of the comics with some of their paper comic books. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody eventually started doing the same thing with paperbacks.
Well, lets hope !

It shouldn't be expensive as they're already set up for the digital downloads, and I would think there's a fair few readers that would appreciate the 'both' rather than the 'either/or' option.

I'd even consider paying a SMALL premium to make it worth the publishers while - say $1.