View Single Post
Old June 9 2012, 09:23 AM   #155
Rear Admiral
Re: PROMETHEUS - Grade and Discuss

Yminale wrote: View Post
If you want an intelligent Sci-fi film I suggest you watch "Safety not Guaranteed". Outside of that, shut your brain off and enjoy the pure spectacle that is Prometheus.
Should we not expect intelligent sci-fi from Ridley Scott? The man who brought us 'Alien' and 'Blade Runner' which set the bar for intelligent sci-fi.

Base_Delta_Zero wrote: View Post
As for the deeper message? Engineer Aliens are assholes. And humans are assholes to robots. That's it. Having characters say there are Big Things out there that need Big Answers is not the same as actually having those characters explore those Big Things or find those Big Answers.
That's pretty much my problem with it. It never really explores what it sets out to explore. The bigger picture of where we might have come from is brushed aside to make way for the nasty stuff that will happen to the crew.
"It's not that you can see the strings, it's that 40 years later you're still looking at them." - Steven Moffat
"This movie was big. Imagine how big it could have been with me in it?" William Shatner
Saul is offline   Reply With Quote