View Single Post
Old June 8 2012, 04:04 PM   #55
the G-man
Commodore

Re: 60s Batman show rights issues resolved!

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
For the first time in 40 years, Warner Bros. Consumer Products will be able to use the likeness of the show's stars, including Adam West, Burt Ward, Cesar Romero and Burgess Meredith, on everything from apparel to toys, home goods, publishing and promotions.
"The show's stars". What about guest-stars? I have always been under the impression that a lot of the issues with a video release dealt with some of the random guest-star appearances. I would hate to see the episodes butchered if released.

That was my understanding as well. The celebrity cameos in the windows pose a potential nightmare of licensing issues and it only gets worse when you consider that some of the celebrities were portraying characters owned by other studios: Lurch, Col. Klink, the Green Hornet, etc.

On the bright side, however, maybe this means that the next post-DKR film or cartoon could actually use the Neal Hefti music somewhere. I always thought it would have been great to use it in the B&B cartoon if nowhere else.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote