View Single Post
Old June 8 2012, 01:53 PM   #24
Timby
I AM the League of Mallows...

Re: ROBOCOP remake finds its director and star

Turd Ferguson wrote: View Post
I also can't wait to hear who they announce will be playing Dick Jones and Clarence Boddicker.
I think you're going to be disappointed, because everything we've heard so far sounds like they're taking a seriously different approach to the property:

Joel Kinnaman wrote:
"We'll see me," he promises. "The visor's gonna be see-through. It's going to be much more of a human performance. There's not going to be any twitchy robot [he mimics very mechanical robotic moves]. Our vision of how a robot is going to be in 2046, it's going to be a very human skin, it's gonna look very human. I'm going to be able to put my signature on the body language, too. The first 'RoboCop' movie is one of my favorite movies. I've seen that movie probably 15 or 20 times. But from an acting standpoint, walking around just moving your jaw, it's not so interesting. So this is going to be an opportunity to really bring a full performance to it."
Outside of Alex Murphy, I wouldn't be shocked if none of the characters in the remake have names from the original. It sounds like Padilha and Co. are really doing something different with the property, and honestly, I'm fine with that, because if you're just remaking the first movie with a new coat of paint, why bother?