View Single Post
Old June 8 2012, 06:16 AM   #23
Turd Ferguson
Commodore

Re: ROBOCOP remake finds its director and star

At first, I was absolutely against a remake of RoboCop since its one of my three favorite movies. But, the more I read about it, the more interested I'm getting in it. Of course, I've never seen either of the Elite Squad movies, but I have them on my Netflix queue and need to watch them. I've never seen anything that the dude playing Murphy was in.

But, when they announced Gary Oldman and Samuel L. Jackson, I immediately started getting excited about this movie. Especially since Jackson is supposedly playing some sort of charismatic media mogul, which sounds like he's not playing a recasted Casey Wong. So it'll be neat to see what they do with this.

Also checked out the concept art a few posts up. While the RoboCop redesign looks pretty cool (not sure about the lightsaber, though), I think the ED-209 design isn't so great, mostly because it's more reminiscent of RoboCop 2 than ED-209.

I also can't wait to hear who they announce will be playing Dick Jones and Clarence Boddicker. Ronny Cox and Kurtwood Smith would be a tough act to follow, but I'll bet somebody like Bryan Cranston and Jackie Earle Haley could pull it off.