View Single Post
Old June 8 2012, 06:04 AM   #636
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral

Location: The Halloween System in the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View Ghouleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

^
I hope you're right about MAN OF STEEL. I sincerely do. It's just that in my particular circle of friends who are fans of Superman and know about the new film there's an almost universal feeling that the movie is going to be unsuccessful and might take too different or radical a new direction. A couple are excited and have no qualms, but after the complete reboot that leaves the Brandon Routh film out in the cold and seeing Superman's new outfit I'm not terribly impressed. But we'll see. It might kick ass and I hope so.

As per the STAR WARS stuff, in some ways I kind of envy you. You've been out of circulation for years so you don't have to put up with the recent problems and controversies within the Hasbro toy lines, which have all been voiced here in this thread ad nauseam. I love collecting the stuff, but right now is the worst time to be a SW toy collector since the modern toy line began in 1995. Things are an unfocused mess at the moment with a lot of product either supremely disappointing or not even making it to store shelves or both. You've saved yourself an ulcer.