View Single Post
Old June 8 2012, 02:35 AM   #2
Christopher
Writer

Re: IDW to publish post-Nemesis TNG Borg story, possibly Destiny

I don't think it sounds very much like Destiny. "Return of the Borg" hardly narrows it down. The mention of it being "a few years down the road" and being a "finale" for TNG make it sound like something set significantly later than Destiny. And I don't see any way in which Destiny would really constitute "sort of a sequel to Nemesis." Also Corroney does call it "new," which isn't necessarily a word you'd use for an adaptation of a work published nearly four years before.

My speculation would be that maybe it's a setup for the status quo seen in IDW's Countdown. A story involving Data's resurrection could count as a NEM sequel of sorts, and if it involves the rest of the crew leaving the Enterprise and moving on to the new roles we saw in Countdown, that could constitute a TNG "finale."

Or it could be something entirely different, since IDW doesn't have an overall continuity connecting its various miniseries.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote