View Single Post
Old June 8 2012, 01:03 AM   #78
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: The operational status of NCC 1701-A...?

Captain Mike wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
Santaman wrote: View Post
I think the Ent A was a prototype vessel, kinda like spaceshuttle Enterprise, they just had to fit the missing pieces to make it into a real operational starship, also might explain why its partially more modern and partially a step back from the TMP refit .
So your idea has it as a testbed vessel (the Ti-Ho) prior to be renaming Enterprise? I could buy into that.
Still doesn't explain why StarFleet would give such a ship to a proven commander of one. No matter if you have the best engineer or crew. I mean what would happen in a combat situation if the ship went into catastrophic failure because it was a "testbed" vehicle? BBOOOOMM, there goes your most competent Starship Captain...
Probably because of two things: they probably don't have active starships floating around without command crews already in place and, like it or not, Jim Kirk and most of his senior staff were on the backside of their careers. Starfleet no longer saw them as front line warriors anymore.

The way The Undiscovered Country plays, it seems like they are already in semi-retirement. And who knows how long that's been the case?

Last edited by BillJ; June 8 2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Learning to spell...
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote