View Single Post
Old June 8 2012, 12:42 AM   #33
JD
Admiral

Re: Star Trek Vanguard: In Tempest's wake by Dayton Ward

I've never understood why so many people seem to have so much of a problem with e-books. I love ebooks. For me all I care about is the story, and e-books tell a story just as well as a codex. And to be entirely honest, there are IMO alot more positives to a e-book than codexes, the biggest being a consistant size and weight, changeable text sizes, and they save alot of space. No matter how big a page count a novel has, the will be the same size and weight, so in the e-book format, STTP: The Struggle Within (100p), and Storm of Swords (1216) are the exact same size. There's also the fact that if I don't like the text size or style in a e-book I can change, while I'd be stuck with it if it was a codex. I also don't have to worry about a lack of shelf space now that I'm reading e-books. Right now I have over 50 books in a Nook that is only half an inch thick. As for the complaint that you can't look at your collection on an e-reader, they do show a list of what you have in you're Library, or if you want something more visual there are sites like Shelfari, or Librarything.