View Single Post
Old June 7 2012, 10:27 PM   #31
RandyS
Vice Admiral

View RandyS's Twitter Profile
Re: 60s Batman show rights issues resolved!

Admiral James Kirk wrote: View Post
Frontier wrote: View Post
Oh gods no...

*Shakes head in dismay*

I know a lot of people might enjoy that old show for nostalgia reasons and what not, but it's such a stain of camp and nonsense to the bat franchise that it's just going to be very painful to see it proliferated again after all these years. Especially now that the Bat is so well regarded thanks to the Nolan films.

That's ridiculous. I've never understood the subsection of Bat fandom that thinks the only version of Batman that should ever be represented is The Dark Knight!

It's not like the character was only presented as dark and gritty in his 73 year history.

Heck, even the Dark Knight Detective version written by Bill Finger wasn't all that dark. He was cracking one liners that would have worked in a Bugs Bunny short.

Some people like to pretend The Caped Crusader wasn't the Batman of choice for like twenty years. The Adam West show didn't spring up out of nowhere! It was inspired by the Batman of the 50s and 60s. Sure as hell, none of those fans want to admit that without the Adam West series Detective Comics and Batman would have been cancelled due to sagging sales.

Adam "Batman" West saved the Batman comics series!

Some fans take the character waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.
Some fans take EVERYTHING waaaay to seriously.

And I agree with you. I've always loved the Adam West show and am the proud owner of DVD-R's of the entire series that I made off my old VHS tapes. I had too, those tapes were twenty years old, and in serious danger of disintegrating.

But that aside, I just read the article in question, and I didn't see the update posted here, so, it says:

"We've now been in touch with Warner and they inform us that the VARIETY article unfortunatley only pertains to products of the type mentioned in their story. There's been no news on the DVD front. Darn it.".

Hopefully this update is wrong and the DVD's WILL be released eventually.
RandyS is online now   Reply With Quote