View Single Post
Old June 7 2012, 04:18 PM   #629
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral

Location: The North Pole of the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View SantaEddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

^
Nice! Congrats! Believe it or not, I don't own a Y-Wing. Ships and vehicles have never been a strong focus for me so I own relatively few of them. And as much as I love the retro '80s-looking black and sliver boxes of the new Vintage Collection vehicles, the first three of 2012 are either Prequel or Clone Wars and just lazy repacks with few if any changes from their previous releases. Plus, Clone Wars and Prequel ships and vehicles don't really do much if anything for me.

I do, however, want this gorgeous thing. It'll be a K-Mart exclusive here in the States sometime this fall around the time of the election:

There are also rumors on a couple of collectors' sites that there will be a Vintage Collection-boxed Endor AT-AT Walker and a JEDI Speeder Bike with reproductions of the original 1983/84 packaging styles.

Behold the possible gloriousness

C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
cooleddie74 wrote: View Post

I don't have a CLUE why the Carbonite Jar Jar was made, except that Skywalker Ranch in California supposedly has a life-size version of this hanging on an office wall and some folks at Hasbro and Lucasfilm though it might make for a quirky, weird collectible for the fans.
It was probably in response to the internet hate many fans had for Jar-Jar that prompted that to begin with.

Q: Which character would you like to see put away in carbon freeze forever?
A: Jar-Jar Binks.
Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it. But the OFFICIAL reason is because of the wall art hanging at Skywalker Ranch. Unofficially, I'm sure the Jar Jar hate had a lot to do with it.

"Don't forget to have a Patrick Swayze Christmas!"
SantaEddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote