Re: They are going ahead with a Justice League movie
I'm not familiar with Cosmic Book News, so I don't know what their track record on claiming insider scoops is, but they're really going to town in claims of what they've supposedly learned from a WB insider. Obviously this should be taken with copious amounts of salt, but here's what they're saying:
• Our source tells us that the major developments are underway at DC Entertainment — and the Man of Steel will spearhead it all.
• The Man of Steel will be chapter #1 of a shared universe, it will all bend around that film.
• In chronological terms, the Man of Steel is the first.
• Henry Cavill will be given a new contract after Man of Steel that would probably include a pay raise along with his new terms that feature the Justice League film and subsequent sequels.
• Lobo will be the second movie after Man of Steel, and is said to take place off Earth and won't affect any of the other films.
• The Flash and Wonder Woman (Nicolas Winding Refn is expected to be directing) scripts will be spin-offs from the Justice League film that should be released summer 2014/2015, and The Flash will be rewritten to fit around events that will transpire in Justice League.
• Ryan Reynolds will be expected to reprise his role as Green Lantern, and the events that transpired in his film - although they won't be ignored in the Justice League Movie, they won't be acknowledged either. It will sort of be hints to his backstory, and the character will be more serious than in the solo film (more like how he was towards the end of the film).
• The Green Lantern sequel has a treatment but the situation is unclear. It most likely will be brought to a stage where it is near getting the green light, and will be held there until things become clearer where that franchise is headed.
• The rebooted Batman film (won't be an origin story, but will focus on a Batman who is entering his second year as a hero) will be apart of the same universe.
• The details plot wise for the Justice League Movie are unknown, but a couple comic book writers have penned the treatment that Will Beall will be scripting.
• Christopher Nolan won't be directing the Justice League Movie.
• There aren't any directors set for the Justice League Movie yet, although a shortlist has been drawn up (Matt Reeves, Jonathan Liebsman, David Yates are rumoured within WB) by the execs.
• The budget for the Justice League Movie will be around $270 million.
"I'll see you in another life, brother."