View Single Post
Old June 7 2012, 07:46 AM   #84
Pauln6
Rear Admiral

Re: PROMETHEUS - Grade and Discuss

Capt_Pickirk wrote: View Post
The first half and hour or so are great but the film goes downhill fast. While the acting and the visuals are great, they don't save the clumsily structured mess that is on screen.

The most suspenseful scenes are when it evokes imagery and scenes from Alien. The film suffers from having too many characters and being poorly paced.

On the plus side, Michael Fassbender is fantastic as David the Android and, like I said before, the visuals are great. I also love the use of practical effects in this film.

Also, an urgent note to Ridley Scott, old people should be portrayed by old actors not middle aged actors in really bad halloween masks. The 3D isn't anything to write home about. Overall, the film was very lackluster and choppy. Very disappointing.
Very good points and yeah, the first few scenes were really well done. It started to go downhill when they arrived at the planet.

StarTrek1701 wrote: View Post
Not only is the story basically the most idiotic premise I've ever seen, but they basically stole.. yes, STOLE, two different plot points from duggone AvP (2004).
I can't criticise, I ripped off pretty similar plot points in a Star Trek/Alien crossover story posted on Youtube. Fortunately for me, I was using stills from TMP so I couldn't do a schlocky action story; I had no choice but to go for suspense, which is quite hard to do with a bunch of people in pyjamas. My story was cheesy and derivative too and I suffered from trying to include too many characters but I like to think that those characters didn't behave like imbeciles.

Other Worlds Role Playing Game
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/produc...ducts_id=97631

Last edited by Pauln6; June 7 2012 at 07:57 AM.
Pauln6 is offline   Reply With Quote