View Single Post
Old June 6 2012, 11:18 PM   #80
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: They are going ahead with a Justice League movie

Apparently, the already in planning stages re-boot of the Batman movie franchise is already said by sources to be a part of this proposed JLA movie franchise project.

No surprises there.

Donald Draper wrote: View Post
While I did like the Marvel movies leading to the Avengers, I feel the first Iron Man was one that worked as a strong standalone film. The rest just felt like a setup for the Avengers. Good thing that was done so well, it makes Captain America and Thor better. But now that they done that, future solo sequels and team ups are going to need to work as stand alone films to be satisfying.

I really have to disagree with the all of the Marvel movies save Iron Man just being "set-up for the Avengers" part of your statement. The only movie that really suffered from that was Iron Man 2 bringing in Black Widow in a part that really didn't contribute much.

Outside of end of movie sequences, Thor's only connections were a shared supporting character from the Iron Man movies and a blink-and-you-miss-it Hawkeye cameo. In Captain America, there was the cube, which had been a common thread in the movies leading to The Avengers, but story-wise it was just a MacGuffin. In The Incredible Hulk, again outside of end of movie sequences, there was some name dropping, but again, nothing in your face. Most of the "build-up to Avengers" in these movies were nothing more than Easter eggs and the movies stand alone just fine.