View Single Post
Old June 6 2012, 08:26 PM   #42
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Re: They are going ahead with a Justice League movie

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
I'm seeing a general sense of comic-book overload, a lot of people are kind of sick of them.
People have been saying that for years and predicting that the bubble will pop and the genre will come to a crashing halt, and yet it keeps trucking on. Like any genre, there'll be hits and misses and the number of films released in any given year will go up and down, but I think the genre is here to stay.
the G-man wrote: View Post
WB seems to have simply looked at the grosses for Avengers and decided to just imitate the film concept without considering the need to lay the groundwork that actually made the concept work.
A few points:

- This isn't a script that's been put into development after the release of The Avengers. It's been in development since The Avengers was in production. So, yes, of course Warners will be further spurred by the success of The Avengers, but this isn't a direct immediate response to it.

- We don't know yet what their thinking is regarding the timetable of these films. It can easily be a matter of several years from initital script development to release (if the project goes ahead). Since they have Flash and Wonder Woman films in development, too, one shouldn't assume that a Justice League film will come before both or either of them.

- Even if they do go straight to a Justice League film, there's more than one path to success. The approach Marvel has taken isn't the only way.