View Single Post
Old June 6 2012, 09:09 AM   #773
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

You're missing the difference between a moment of weakness, taken advantage of by interested parties, that snowballed into him having to make a choice between two dishonorable deeds and choosing the one that gave him the most personal happiness, and a clear decision -by a grown man who should fully understand the impact of his actions- to renege on his promise just because he met a pretty girl a few weeks ago.

If they chose to portray Robb as increasingly brash and arrogant over the course of his arc, it might make sense. A feeling of "I am their King now, so they'll just have to deal with it." would go a long way to convincing me these are the actions of the same young man we've been watching for two seasons. A young man given too much power before he is ready and led astray by overconfidence.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote