View Single Post
Old June 5 2012, 02:14 PM   #761
Shurik
Fleet Captain

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

The Green Mushroom wrote: View Post
Kelthaz wrote: View Post
I wonder if we're going to get some scenes with Ramsay and Theon next season. I can't imagine the writers leaving him out of the show for the next two or three seasons.
That makes a lot of sense to me. I was less than pleased that they left out Ramsay Snow from the season has he seems--at least to me--to be far too important a character to get rid of or demote to extra. Especially since they had no trouble keeping Roose around--though I did think that maybe they were planning on combining the two characters into one.

But keeping the Theon character around next year makes sense for so many TV related reasons (keeping the actor with the show, keeping the character in the audiences' mind, etc) that I could easily see, and accept, the Ramsay and Reek show playing out over the next couple of years until we get to the DWD scenes in season five.
I think they'll do what they did with Jaime this year - show him in several episodes, suffering at the hands of Ramsay, trying to escape, get caught, suffer some more. ADWD runs in parallel with AFFC and Theon's imprisonment actually starts much earlier. There's no need to make him disappear for two years.