View Single Post
Old June 5 2012, 01:40 PM   #760
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

Kegg wrote: View Post
CaptainCanada wrote: View Post
It doesn't really have anything to do with him being sixteen, it's a societal thing. He can either leave her a "ruined" woman
You skipped a beat - the 'ruining' of her honour to begin with, which has everything to do with him being sixteen. I'd assume if he was older he'd be less likely to sleep with unmarried noblewomen if he actually cared about their honour.

Again, you can't treat him having sex with her like a gun accidentally going off. It's something he did on purpose and while conscious.
Because no one has ever made a rash decision in a moment of weakness, especially not a teenage boy with a girl offering herself to him. I was there not too long ago, I remember very well how easy it was (and sometimes still is) to get caught up in those feelings. You act as if people are always rational.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote