View Single Post
Old June 4 2012, 11:15 PM   #1145
St. William Of Levittown
Vice Admiral

Location: Rush Limborg is prepping for Christmas on The EIB Network
Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

^A rebellion from his own ranks--as Green explicitly stated. "You'll wake up with your balls in your mouth and your successor standing over you," or words to that effect.

And again--Green's entire point of his speech was to tell the General, "Frankly, I don't give a crap about your political motivations. I could deal with the other side just as easily, if it suited our purposes at the time. We're not dealing with you people because we agree with your politics. We're dealing with you because you were willing to work with us."

It's not about politics--it's about power. Or are you somehow of the mindset that such motivations are only within the psyche of the Right--that such methods are solely within the war chest of the Right--that such actions must be characterized as "extreme rightist", by their very nature?

To be blunt, that is a mindset I find "silly".
"The saying implies but does not name the effective agency of its supposed utopia.... 'Needs and abilities' are, of course, subjective. So the operative statement may be reduced to 'the State shall take, the State shall give'."
--David Mamet
St. William Of Levittown is offline   Reply With Quote