View Single Post
Old June 4 2012, 10:24 PM   #10
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: Official E3 2012 thread

Kelthaz wrote: View Post
Well, that Smart Glass looks stupid. We've been using a TV to play games for four decades now. I think it works pretty well. I don't want two screens to look at while playing a game.
I can see the possibilities for it. For example, it would have been cool if the notebook in LA Noire was controllable by my tablet, that way during an interview I could have kept track of the questions and evidence in my hands while the suspect's face remained on screen. That would have been a very natural way of using the technology that would have been more immersive than using a controller. Managing your inventory in console games is often a pain, being able to do so with a touchscreen device would be great. The Xbox's crappy onscreen keyboard could be replaced with a less crappy tablet keyboard. There are some interesting ways this technology could be used, and while I don't imagine it's going to be a big deal that will revolutionise the way games are made in the future, it might get rid of some of the annoyances of being a console gamer.