View Single Post
Old June 3 2012, 07:50 PM   #52
Christopher
Writer

Re: new canon vs novelverse: worst case scenario

Well, I'm sorry if I give that impression, though I'm puzzled by the assumption that there's a correlation between "walls of text" and irritation. I'm just prone to analyze things in detail; it's intellectual, not emotional.

Dimesdan wrote: View Post
If it really doesn't matter to you, why spend so much time and energy trying to educate people on differences that rather frankly doesn't matter.
I said it didn't bother me. That doesn't mean it doesn't matter. As I said, if I think people are misinformed, I want to help clear up their misunderstandings, and if they're getting themselves upset or worried over nothing, I want to help them ease their worry. Of course it matters to me if other people are having problems that I can help them solve. Why wouldn't I want to help? If I sometimes seem frustrated over the way people get so worked up about canon myths, it's because I see them driving themselves crazy over nothing and that's sad to see. My message is that they should just relax and not worry about it so much. Though I can see how the depth I go into as a matter of habit could seem to run contrary to that message.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote