View Single Post
Old June 3 2012, 03:18 PM   #46
Fer
Commander

Re: new canon vs novelverse: worst case scenario

Timewalker wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
Something can be part of the canon and still be disregarded by the individual.
Isn't that what I've been saying all along???!

Jarvisimo wrote: View Post
Isn't Timewalker suggesting that Dorn subsumed the identity of those shows beneath himself? I certainly don't agree, but that seemed to be his intention.
I am saying that (in my not-at-all-humble opinion) Worf went from being one of the "and the rest" characters to one whose point of view nearly took over the shows. There was far too much Klingon stuff. There was far too much preaching about "Klingon honor" trumping everything else, including Starfleet regulations and Federation law. Worf was the most judgmental s.o.b. I've ever seen on any Star Trek series that I watched regularly. The only other character who comes close is Vedek/Kai Wynn (I totally despised her, too). And Jadzia was already an intolerable character to me before Worf joined DS9; the combination of the two of them just made it that much worse. I'll say this, though - Worf had ONE good line in all his time on DS9: "Nice hat."

BTW, please don't refer to me as male; that little pink icon below my username indicates I'm female.

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
Of course, there are no savings to be made re costuming and sets on any new project, because Paramount sold everything in the Christie's and It's a Wrap! auctions. That budget-savings component was what made a "Captain Sulu" series slightly more viable in the early 90s.
I really wish they could have done a Captain Sulu series.
Ahh, okay. Thanks for clarifying.