View Single Post
Old June 3 2012, 03:18 AM   #128
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

Re: Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

I never hated Kristen either. She did the best she could with the material she was given. Was it really her fault the material was repetitious? No. Was it her fault the producers were clearly in love with her? Again no. I blame Kristen Kreuk for nothing. You think she'll sleep with me now?

I am kinda surprised you hated the Kryptonite Woman mini-arc more than the Lana/Witch storyline. KW was awful but at least it went somewhere.

The Lana/Witch storyline was a dead end. What did her ancestor being burned as a witch have to do with Smallville, the race for the Fortress of Solitude or the Superman mythos in general? Nada. It was never revisited again either. That's why the Lana/Witch is my most hated storyline.

When I sit down and think about it, I find that s4 itself, almost ended up being a wasted season save the introduction of Lois and the Fortress. Heck, I was amazed that they were able to recycle the Jason and Genevieve Teague storyline into the fun Veritas arc later on.I can almost forgive s4 it's missteps because we got a fantastic Robert Picardo appearance later on down the line.

Almost.

Still, I honestly do think that giving s4 credit for inadvertently spawning a better storyline years later is almost giving it too much credit.
Admiral James Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote