View Single Post
Old June 2 2012, 03:02 PM   #18
Warped9
Admiral

Re: Revisiting the films...

Mage wrote: View Post
Warped9 wrote: View Post
Gojira wrote: View Post
Thank you! I am glad someone else understands!
Sorry, but you're you're just playing with words. If someone says, "This is dull" it's obviously an opinion. It's just a different way of saying "I think this is dull" or "I feel this is dull." People can be forceful or emphatic with their opinions, as evidenced by how they express them, but they're still just opinions.

It may 'obviously' be an opinion, but when you use a word (the word 'is') that is linked the stating fact, not opinion, there's no playing of words involved. It's simple English. If you want to talk on a board where discussions are taking place all the time, it's best to use the language used on that forum in a proper way to make yourself 100% clear, so people know exactly what your saying. You mean to convey a feeling, but you do it in a way that is used to state a fact. Ofcourse some people are going to be confused about what you want to say.

Miscommunication is what starts most of the arguments on forums. Using the proper way to say something, so no room for misinformation is left open, you can avoid such situations.
Well then we're about to have an argument. I've done numerous "revisiting" threads and in them I've only offered up my opinion. I'm not the one who went into a thread and started accusing someone of putting their opinion across as if it were an established fact. If you can't read something for what it is then thats not my problem. I express myself as I see fit (as anyone does) and I make no apologies for it.

It's been my experience that when people make this accusation they're often trying to discredit the one they're accusing and to derail the thread.

Of course, thats merely my observation and not a proven fact...just in case someone needs that clarified.

Last edited by Warped9; June 2 2012 at 03:37 PM.
Warped9 is offline   Reply With Quote