View Single Post
Old June 1 2012, 07:32 PM   #208
rfmcdpei
Captain

View rfmcdpei's Twitter Profile
Re: Typhon Pact: Plagues of Night by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Travis Chesser wrote: View Post
That's good that you didn't bash him, but he definitely was. Not liking a book is one thing, no problem, but calling an author racist, stupid, etc. is quite another, which is what was starting to happen.
Agreed, entirely.

I just feel like we need to wait for next month's sequel before we condemn the ending to PoN.
It's not obvious to me that, even if DS9 is destroyed that ending would need to be condemned. (If it kills the characters we care about, different story, but I don't think so. It doesn't make sense to me that George would have had the Prophets give Kira a vision that would spare her and Kassidy from the Xhosa only to kill them when the station blows up moments later.

As far as VGR and Janeway go, I agree that Voyager definitely had its not-so-good moments for a while in Trek lit, but I base most of that on the quality of Golden's first four relaunch novels. Not a fan. Janeway's death didn't bother me because, frankly, I was surprised she survived the tv finale. I always saw her as a "Get my crew home" woman who dies in self-sacrifice saving her crew. I don't think her death was really a slight against Voyager. Now, I didn't like Before Dishonor for other reasons mentioned in a previous post, so I'm with you there. However, I think Beyer's Voyager relaunch is phenomenal!
Agreed.
rfmcdpei is offline   Reply With Quote