View Single Post
Old June 1 2012, 02:37 PM   #199
Travis Chesser
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Typhon Pact: Plagues of Night by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Frontier wrote: View Post
The novel itself was fantastic. Up until the last line.

It really did do a lot to repair the damage and neglect a lot of us have felt for DS9 in recent years. I really liked the book the whole way through.

That last line though...

*Very Long Sigh*

If they don't retcon that somehow... I don't know that I can go on. I really don't. I'm so very angry at the very idea of it. I really think if that turns out to be fact as it looks from the cover of the next novel, I am indeed done.

My only hope is that, if worse comes to worse, they pull Empok Nor in from wherever they set it after bringing it to the Bajor sector for parts and christen it DS9.

Wouldn't be the same, but it would be something to hold on to.
I don't understand this. Why would you not be able to go on? Even if it IS completely gone, which I'm not sure it is, the cover for the next book shows something there, so even in the worst they'll be rebuilding it. What is the big deal? The Enterprise was destroyed and they got a new one. Did you not go on after that? I just do not comprehend this whole notion of quitting something before you see a final result. I mean, come on, as much as you all hate him here and bashed him to death after RBoE, David is a HUGE DS9 fan. He's not going to wipe out the cast in one fell swoop. This was a shocking moment, yes, but I doubt it means the end of DS9. Stop being so alarmist.
Travis Chesser is offline   Reply With Quote