View Single Post
Old June 1 2012, 02:09 AM   #185
dispatcher812
Commander

Re: Typhon Pact: Plagues of Night by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Just finished and gave it an above average. I did not like most of the back story. To me it seemed to much of that and not enough current action. I had hoped that this book would be more action packed. those types tend to keep my attention and make me not want to put it down.
As far as Sisko. Being a farther my self myself, I can see why he did what he did. He wanted to protect his family. Can't blame him for that. I do like though how it is somewhat resolved and he gets back into Rebecca's Life. Could he have handled it better in RBoE? Maybe, I had no problem though with how it was written. He made a decision and stuck with it.
One thing that did bother me was the incorporation of Cardassian and Ferengi personnel into Starfleet operations. DS9 had a Cardassian in ops and I think the E did as well. It just did not seem to make sense. Were these people still part of there own force or SF people? Why so many? The Klingons of been Khitomar partners a long time and as far as I remember there only 2 Klingons in SF.
Geordi I think got screwed. Not fair. I liked him as a Captain of engineering. But now that he is 2nd officer, should he be at ops?
Now, the ending. The last line sent chills up my spine. While I had read a few posts that hinted to this possibility, it did not hit home until that last line. Did the station really explode or as mentioned it just looked like it as a core went up? Hopefully. I was stating to like Ro as a captain. I did like though that Rebecca was on Bajor when it happened. As far a Kassidy, earlier in the book it mentions her ship exploding and then when it really does while she is on DS9 a breathed a sigh of relief, again till that last line. Can't wait till next month.
dispatcher812 is offline   Reply With Quote