View Single Post
Old June 1 2012, 12:53 AM   #582
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Itisnotlogical wrote: View Post
cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
Itisnotlogical wrote: View Post
^
Perused the Wal-Mart toy aisle the other day, looking for some Star Wars stuff to add to my shelf, and I saw a General Grievous that was pretty much the same figure that they released way back when Revenge of the Sith came out, except it came with a blaster this time.
Was it the Vintage Collection(2010) version on the retro-looking cardback?

This one?
Nope. It came with a die and a base for some sort of action figure game, and I didn't look too close at the artwork but I think it was part of the Clone Wars series (the white and blue ones).

Ahhhhh. The Movie Heroes one. The Galactic Battle Game die and base. Now I know which one you're talking about. Yeah, that Grievous is a lazy repack of an older Grievous figure from 2005(the Episode III one with "Four Lightsaber Attack" action feature), in fact that entire first wave of twelve or thirteen Movie Heroes figures is nothing but lazy repaints and repacks of older figures dating from as far back as 2002. That Grievous wasn't a particularly great one when he was new, much less almost seven years later. They should have gone with one of the ones from the 30th Anniversary(2007-08)or Legacy Collections(2008-10) because those were superior Grievous sculpts.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote