View Single Post
Old May 31 2012, 04:56 PM   #4298
Agent Richard07
Retired

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

My sampling of the new 52 has been going for 9 months now. Here's what I'm still into...

Aquaman: A well written, self aware title that's a cut above your average comic book.

Batgirl: A fun title that's written as if it's about a 20-something girl who just happens to be a crime fighter. I like the detail it goes into as it explores Barbara as a person.

Birds of Prey: A fun group of girls they are.

Green Lantern: New Guardians: I said it before and I'll say it again... I love the idea of a group made up of all the lantern corps. I also want to see where this thing is going.

Justice League Dark: The storylines aren't that good, but I like the characters and the use of magic.

Smallville: We finally get a version of Superman that picks up from the show. I'm in.

Supergirl: I like the character and I like seeing how this young woman adjusts to life in a new place.

Wonder Woman: The art is terrible and the story is barely holding me, but I'm a fan of the character.

Titles I still read but plan give up...

Action Comics: I'm done after the President Superman bit. I don't have any serious problem with the title, I'm just not interested enough to continue.

The Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men: I'm a big Firestorm fan, and the current story is fascinating, but the title itself isn't holding me. I'm just not into the current characters or what they did with Firestorm.

Too early to decide if I want to stick with these...

Dial H, Earth 2, Saucer Country and World's Finest.

Non DC titles I got into...

Star Trek: More adventures with the rebooted crew.

The Shadow: I've been a Shadow fan since I saw the Alec Baldwin movie.

Last edited by Agent Richard07; May 31 2012 at 05:13 PM.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote