View Single Post
Old May 30 2012, 11:26 AM   #4268
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
We've not seen Diana's origin story in the 52'Verse yet. They've introduced her as established already...and we've seen an earlier more naive version of the character in the opening arc of Justice League. All we know about her in the present time of the real world is that she's involved with Steve Trevor.

I like what Azzarello has done with the Greek Pantheon personally. I thought Ruka's run was decent, but Azzarello has made things interesting IMO.
We have seen pimp daddy Zeus and discovered her culture is made up of murderers and child traffickers for arms, but I can see what folks might enjoy. For me, the Amazons were gone after Rucka and Diana had to find herself in the wake of Inf. Crisis, again after Amazons Attack, again in small offering in Simone's run, again with JMS/Hester, and now once more. I have no interest in going around the hamster wheel again.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched

Last edited by Gov Kodos; May 30 2012 at 11:50 AM.
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote