View Single Post
Old May 30 2012, 02:08 AM   #1127
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

^Of course. However...I did feel the claims brought up--in this thread--by the other side warranted an answer. It may be tacky to say, "Well, he started it...." But, you know--I love discussion, provided it not fall to incivility.

Anyhow, as readers can clearly see, the interpretation of the events of said film can easily vary depending on what one's leanings are--and that's precisely what I like about the film. You can argue (as I do) that Quantum is faking global warming. You can argue (as Sci does) that they are using a legitimate issue in a dishonest way.

You can argue (as I do) that they are effectively engaging in a big-government crony-capitalist (read: false capitalism used to prop up said big government) tyrrany. Or you can argue as Sci did.

The validity of either point of view depends not on the facts established in the film itself, but rather what you believe about issues of the world. And that's one of the great things about being human.

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."

Last edited by Rush Limborg; May 30 2012 at 03:49 PM.
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote