View Single Post
Old May 27 2012, 03:57 PM   #642
Agent Richard07
Retired

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

153. Harry and the Hendersons: (✩✩½) - Live TV - Finally saw this one. The Hendersons inadvertently bring home a sasquatch, then try to get rid of him. When the news starts reporting on a dangerous creature running around the city, the Hendersons try to get him back and keep him away from a guy obsessed with tracking down bigfoot. Lots of hilarity, hijinx and heartwarming family fun. Stars John Lithgow. Not my cup of tea, but at least I saw it. The makeup for Harry was quite good and stood out though. I don't know how they create life-like expressive faces for these creatures.

154. The Last Song: (✩✩✩) - Live TV - The entertainment world is abuzz with the news that Miley Cyrus has had sex and thinks it's magical. Within minutes of finding this out, I found myself watching The Last Song, which stars her and her devirginizer Liam Hemsworth. The movie is about a troubled girl who's sent off to spend the summer with her father (Greg Kinnear) in a southern coastal town. There, she meets a boy who's rich parents don't like her. The title of the movie will make sense as the story progresses. It's also pretty obviously a Miley Cyrus vehicle, and as I was reading up on it, I was surprised to see that it was designed around her. She wanted to do a movie like A Walk to Remember and got it. The screenplay was even cranked out before the novel to accomodate her schedule.

Theatre: 6
DVD/Blu-Ray: 53
Live TV: 66
Recorded TV: 4
On Demand: 23
Internet: 2
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote