View Single Post
Old May 27 2012, 03:25 PM   #2
lvsxy808
Rear Admiral

Re: DS9 Season 10, ep 10x20 - "In the Stars" (part 1 of 3)

TEASER

FADE IN:

1 INT. EVEN ODDS - BRIDGE

The camera SHAKES, computer panels SPARK, smoke BILLOWS. A burned, smudgy hand grabs urgently at the helm panel, pulling the body up – it is DEZ, the Even Odds captain.

The ship shakes around him, under attack. He clambers back into the seat and quickly works the panels, desperately trying to get the ship out of harm’s way.

Another SLAM – the ship shudders and rings like a bell as it’s hit again. Dez turns to look at FACITY, his buxom Wadi exec, at the science panels.

DEZ
Fac! I need to know where they
are! I can’t get us away if –

FAC
I don’t know where they are!
They keep moving! Jumping around
like Rakhari springers. Every
time I think there’s a gap we
can run through, they jump right
into it and shoot at us again.
I can’t even tell if there is
a they or just an it.

The ship shakes again, a groan rumbling all through its spaceframe. Another panel blows. A couple of unfamiliar background faces are working other stations.

DEZ
What about Prees?

FACITY
(slaps comm panel)
Prees! Status!

2 THE WA

PREES, the Karemma engineer, staggers against the bucking ship. But that’s the least of her worries, because the WA is erupting all around her. The peaceful cloudy white is gone, and instead the space is THROBBING with a fiery orange light, PULSING like an irregular heartbeat. The patches of colour that hang in mid-air are all on FIRE.

Prees dodges out of the way of one burst of flames and collapses to the “ground,” but even that shifts and rolls under her, physically reacting to the attack on the ship.

PREES
I’m trying! But nothing works.
It’s alive down here... and
it’s going crazy!

3 INT. EVEN ODDS - CORRIDOR

The dog-like Aarruri PIF runs as fast as he can down the corridor. He winces against his damaged leg, slowing him down, but he pushes through it and keeps going.

He skids around a corner into another section of corridor. BRAD, FEG and TRIV are pounding along it towards Pif. The hulking Dosi female carries a heavy fire extinguisher device, the two tiny Ferengi males lugging the long coiled pipe behind. Pif dodges around them and keeps going.

BRAD
Pif! Where are you going? It’s
this way!

Pif ignores her and keeps running. A section of a bulkhead BURSTS off its moorings and out into the corridor, letting a finger of white-orange Wa material leak out, reaching and flowing. Pif ignores it. He runs and runs...

4 INT. EVEN ODDS – PIF’S QUARTERS

The door opens and Pif dashes in. Inside, on the large pillow of their bed, is Pif’s wife SETT and their six tiny green babies. The puppies are a bit older now, old enough to be aware of what’s going on around them. Sett is trying her best to hug them to her chest, comfort them, but they still whine and whimper in fear.

SETT
Pif! You shouldn’t be here!

PIF
No, Sett. You’re my family. I
couldn’t be anywhere else.

He jumps up onto the bed and huddles up with his family, curling himself around to protect them. Pif and Sett both look around in fear as the ship shudders again...

SETT
But who is it? Who’s trying to
kill us?

5 EXT. SPACE

The freighter Even Odds tries to run, its patchwork hull damaged and burning and smoking. It tries to swerve...

An Ascendant ship JUMPS right into its path and FIRES. A massive jagged bolt of white electricity bursts from its pointed silver tip and SLAMS into the Even Odds.

CLOSE on the ship’s hull as the dissolving effect begins...

6 INT. EVEN ODDS - BRIDGE

Facity reacts to her panels with worry...

FACITY
The outer hull, it’s starting
to degenerate... just like Nog
and Shar said it would.

DEZ
Don’t talk to me about those
damned Alphies! This is their
damned fault! We wouldn’t be
under attack at all if I hadn’t
let Jake guilt me into it.

Facity knows it’s not the time to argue.

FACITY
The hull’s about to give...

7 EXT. SPACE

The Ascendant ship FIRES and FIRES on the Even Odds, the freighter’s skin dissolving more and more...

Thick blue phaser fire comes from off-side, pummelling the Ascendant ship. The Ascendant breaks off attack, looping away. The new attacker gives chase – a JEM’HADAR FIGHTER. Even Odds is left ignored for the moment.

8 INT. EVEN ODDS - BRIDGE

Amazed, Dez and Facity and the others watch the Jem’Hadar and Ascendant ships exchanging fire on the main viewscreen. Panels and cables still burn and spark around them.

DEZ
Unbelievable.

FACITY
(w/ wonder)
Why does this keep happening
to us?

DEZ
Don’t count your pegs. It’s not
over yet.

9 EXT. SPACE

The Jem’Hadar fighter pursues the Ascendant ship, firing on it constantly. The Ascendant JUMPS away, and the last few shots are lost.

But the Jem’Hadar anticipate the Ascendant’s move. Even as the Ascendant JUMPS back into place right behind them, the Jem’Hadar ship does a fast heel-turn, practically spinning itself 180 degrees until it faces the Ascendant again.

The Jem’Hadar take the Ascendant by surprise with a new volley of phaser fire. They’re practically at point-blank range, FIRING FIRING FIRING...

BOOM. Almost nose-to-nose, the Ascendant ship EXPLODES. The Jem’Hadar fighter surges through the fire and out the other side, before swooping back around and steadily approaching the crippled Even Odds.

10 INT. EVEN ODDS - BRIDGE

Dez and Facity watch the Jem’Hadar ship loom closer and closer, the field of Ascendant debris behind it. They tense - this could be good or bad. Maybe they were just fighting over who gets to kill them.

There’s an alert on Facity’s panels – she rushes to check.

FACITY
Incoming signal.

With a gulp, Dez nods. Facity presses controls...

And the screen changes to an image of TARAN’ATAR. He stands on the Jem’Hadar bridge wearing one of the viewer-headsets, with VANNIS visible behind him.

TARAN’ATAR (screen)
Captain Dez. Facity.

FACITY
(amazed)
Taran’atar...? What –

TARAN’ATAR (screen)
The Even Odds is now under the
protection of the Dominion, by
direct order of the Founders.

DEZ
Umm, thanks, I guess. But why?

11 INT. EVEN ODDS – PIF’S QUARTERS

The conversation is sounding through the entire ship’s comm system. Pif and Sett have their ears perked up, curious...

TARAN’ATAR (comm)
Jem’Hadar vessels have been
shadowing you for some weeks
now. This was the wish of the
Founder you call... Meera.

Pif and Sett both BARK loudly, excited and relieved and grateful. Picking up the mood, the puppies start to copy their parents with happy little YELPS and SQUEAKS.

12 INT. EVEN ODDS - BRIDGE

The Gaber family’s happy barking sounds through the comm. Dez and Facity sag in blissful relief. They share a grin.

DEZ
(w/ feeling)
Taran’atar, thank you. You’ve
saved our lives - again. And
please pass on our thanks to
Meera if you see her.

TARAN’ATAR (screen)
Do you require assistance? Can
you manoeuvre?

FACITY
Not as we are – the main engines
are fried.

TARAN’ATAR (screen)
Stand by. We will tractor you
to a repair facility.

13 EXT. SPACE

The Jem’Hadar ship casts a tractor beam over the Even Odds.

CLOSE on the freighter’s hull – with its skin half melted away, the tractor beam has an unexpected effect. Sparks and tiny explosions start spreading over its surface...

14 THE WA

Prees reacts with alarm as the formless material of the Wa goes haywire again. Electric bolts spark and jump around the room, the coloured patches transform into open MOUTHS and small BIRDS fly out of them, circling around.

PREES
(into comm)
Captain – no! Stop the tractor
beam! The Wa is -

The Wa CONVULSES like a living animal trying to buck off an unwanted rider. Prees is knocked off her feet and one of the electric bolts catches her full-on...

15 INT. EVEN ODDS - BRIDGE

The rear wall of bridge consoles bucks and convulses too, sparks and fires spreading right to left – approaching Facity’s station. Dez runs to grab her...

DEZ
Facity, move -

But too late. The consoles EXPLODE. Dez and Facity are thrown back in a shower of sparks and flames...

BLACK OUT:

END OF TEASER

Read Deep Space Nine, Season 10
All 22 eps available to read on-screen or download and keep!
lvsxy808 is offline   Reply With Quote