View Single Post
Old May 27 2012, 09:38 AM   #149
JEkis
Cadet

View JEkis's Twitter Profile
Re: DS9 Forum Welcome Thread: Hello fellow Niners!

Hello everyone. I'm glad I finally found this forum. I've been wondering if there was a place to discuss the show since I started watching, but never actually took the time to look for it. I am currently in the middle of season 5. It sure would have made the entire experience even more enjoyable to talk things over with other fans as I went along.
I'm at a slight disadvantage, as I was introduced to this show in the middle of the final season so now I know how it all ends before I even started my first time through. I was visiting a friend for a weekend when our original plans fell through. She suggested that we watch some Star Trek instead. Her family was in the process of watching every episode from every series, and they were almost done with DS9. Believe it or not, I had not watched anything related to Trek before, but she was sure that I would enjoy this. I was instantly hooked. We ended up making a Saturday marathon of it. We watched the last 8 or so episodes that day.
Now I'm going through the series from the beginning on Netflix. I've had to take some time off from college because of health, and don't have a lot to do stuck at home. I usually end up doing 2 or three episodes a night. Maybe now that I'm here, I can spend some of that time conversing and take a more gradual approach to the series.
Anyway, it is great to be here and I look forward to meeting you all.
P.S I recently learned about a book entitled the Star Trek : Deep Space Nine Companion. Does anyone know if an EBook version of this title can be purchased anywhere? I am blind, and need either a Braille, audio or electronic version of the book in order to read it. Neither the National Library Service For the Blind nor audible.com have it, so I'm hoping I can buy an eBook.
Thanks
JEkis is offline   Reply With Quote